[K12OSN] Sound problem on terminals.

Jamie Lists jamielist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 22:38:41 UTC 2008

I'm having a bit of trouble getting sound to work on the terminals.
We're running the fedora core 6 version of k12ltsp. The terminals
we're useing are hp compaq t5000

The bios on the terminals says the integrated sound controler is a AC97.

So heres the weird part. When i go into system>prefrences>sound i can
play all the test sounds ok. I can even play all the system sonds
(beep, clink, boing etc)

But that's the only place where sound works. When i go into
System>Administration>Sound Card Detection it says "No sound card
detected."

When i go into system>preferences> Volume Control i get an error that
says "No Volume Control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found"

I'm totally stumped on this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
James