[K12OSN] logging in as root

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Apr 23 01:37:19 UTC 2008

XP can connect like I said, via 'ssh', via 'freenx', via 'vnc'...and
more...via a samba share as well(but that's just accessing the
filesystem, not the programs)....

how to run programs from the thin client...you sit at the thin
client...login as your username...use the drop-down menus' at the top
normally for KDE and Gnome if I'm not mistaken...(we use IceWM where it
looks kinda like XP)...and in those drop-downs are tons of applications
you can run.

For documentation the best resource is 'google'...depending on what you
want to run/find/etc...

generalization questions are really hard to answer...if you want to
learn Linux...Slashdot http://www.slashdot.org/ had a good article on
some books for beginners(but not idiots)...last weekend.

--Huck