[K12OSN] logging in as root

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Apr 23 04:41:58 UTC 2008

Jeremy Schubert wrote:
> Ok, let me try again.  I have the server up.  Now, I want to connect another
> computer to it to act as the thin client.  Is what I installed (the k12tslp
> ver 6) (on the server) preconfigured to do this?  Do I just need to
> configure the client computer to boot to PXE?  Or will I have to do some
> Google research to learn how to configure the server to accept client
> connections?

If you are just installing this, you should be using the EL5 version
based on Centos with update support for several more years.  Ver 6 is
based on fedora FC6 which has a much faster life cycle and is already
past update support.  But to answer the question, if you set up 2 nics
during the install, all you should have to do is have the client set for
  PXE boot and plugged into the server's eth0.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com