[K12OSN] Finally need to logon and access homes from windows

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Wed Apr 30 12:52:58 UTC 2008

To access your linux home dirs from Windows, you'll need Samba running on the
linux box(es).  I don't think setting that up will be any easier or harder on
Centos than Fedora 5 or 6; setting Samba up is easy on any of them.  So, I
wouldn't change your existing systems for that, at least not this late in the
school year.  There are other reasons to upgrade, chiefly the fact that support
updates are no longer being produced for Fedora 5 & 6.  But that can wait until
summer.

Peter