[K12OSN] configure instructions

Marc Fromm Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu
Wed Apr 30 21:55:11 UTC 2008

I tried to configure the required files that will allow a box to find
and boot from the LTSP server. In our building DHCP is already running
thus the current LTSP server is configured with specific system entries
associated by MAC addresses.

Below are all the config files that I could locate that assosciate with
booting a terminal. These are the configurations that are beyond the
install that require specific information. I think the big difference is
our LTSP server will only boot systems that it is told to boot, based on
all the config file settings.

/etc/dhcpd.conf
Has entries like these plus a section called "trick from Peter Rundle"
host finaid51 {
        hardware ethernet 00:06:5B:C0:6A:8F;
        fixed-address     140.160.###.###;
        filename          "lts/pxe/pxelinux.0";
        }

/etc/cups/printers.conf
Printer assignments
<Printer finaid_local>
Info hp3200
Location Client Services
DeviceURI socket://finaid51:9100
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

/etc/exports

/etc/hosts
140.160.###.###	finaid51.###.###.###	finaid51

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
[finaid51]
        #XSERVER                =ati
        #X_USBMOUSE_PROTCOL     ="Microsoft"
        #X_USBMOUSE_DEVICE      ="/dev/input/mice"
        PRINTER_0_DEVICE        =/dev/lp0
        PRINTER_0_TYPE          =P
        LOCAL_APPS              =Y
        HOT_PLUG                =Y