[K12OSN] A few ~$200 thin clients to try

Asmo Koskinen asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Sun Apr 6 00:44:20 UTC 2008

Barry Cisna kirjoitti:
> Just curious. Have you figured out what is in ltsp5 that takes more
> ummph? I'm just curious as to why it seems like maybe a step
> backwards,as far as keeping with the k12ltsp model of utilizing "low
> end" clients to make things happen?

I have found that HP t5125 works on Edubuntu 7.10 (LTSP5) with this
lts.conf.

[default]
SOUND=True
LOCALDEV=True
LDM_SERVER="192.168.1.101"
LDM_DIRECTX=True
X_RAMPERC=80
X_COLOR_DEPTH=16

And for example Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic (P4/256/i845G) do not need any lts.conf on Ubuntu 8.04.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5_64/Nice_Thin_Client.png

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-users/2008-March/003805.html

openSUSE says:

"Thin client can be any PC which is PXE boot capable, 128 MB RAM is desired, but you can test lower and see if it works for you."

http://en.opensuse.org/LTSP

I think ummph is LDM/SSH2 with X. That pipe needs more power.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.