[K12OSN] Need help with a Python Upgrade on FC6

Nick Fenger nick at trilliumcharterschool.org
Wed Apr 9 04:19:18 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I've discovered an excellent API for creating games in Python called GASP (
http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/projects/gasp/), unfortunately I'm having a ton of
problems with glitches and lockups when trying to have the keyboard interact
with the game. I am hoping upgrading Python from 2.4 to 2.5 on my FC6
K12ltsp machine may fix some of the problems (I think it may be good measure
anyway), however I don't want to break anything that needs 2.4.

My question:

Do I run them both? And if so -  How do I get my students to use the new
version 2.5 and the system to stay using 2.4?

Thanks,

Nick Fenger

--
Trillium Charter School
MS Advisor

www.trilliumcharterschool.org

Trillium Charter School is democratically-structured environment that
fosters students' natural curiosity, creativity, and self-awareness.
Students learn to take initiative and assume responsibility for their own
learning, which supports constructive interaction with the local, regional,
and global community.