[K12OSN] port blocking

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Apr 9 08:28:52 UTC 2008

You'd do that at your firewall or any other routing device between your
K12LTSP server and the Internet.  Simply add in an ACL to stop any
output from the server's outside IP address on those specific ports.

But what you really need to do is find out why that traffic's being
generated in the first place and where it's actually coming from..
We're recently seeing infestations on our Windows boxes by Trojans that
talk on TCP port 6667.  We've had to ask our on-site technicians to
re-image several machines at several schools already.  Remember that
your "anti-malware" software often will not be able to detect a recently
released Trojan, virus, or worm.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate