[K12OSN] Join us for FOSSED 2008!

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Sun Apr 13 20:58:17 UTC 2008

K12LTSP folks!  FOSSED has folks from all over the US and Canada who
attend each year!  We hope you can join us!  (feel free to email me with
any travel questions)

FOSSED 2008 is being offered in two locations again this summer. This year
we'll be hosted by The Governor's Academy in Byfield, MA. We'll also be
back at Gould Academy in Bethel, ME for the original FOSSED conference.
The Gould conference comes first...June 24th - 27th (24th is p.m. arrival
date) followed by Governor's Academy...August 3rd - 6th (3rd is p.m.
arrival date) We hope you'll be able to join us for an exciting conference
this year!

We've been able to keep the prices down again this year!  Both conferences
are ONLY $495 for the full three days!  All meals, rooms, and sessions are
included!  We'll house you, feed you (very well I might add), and educate
you!  What a deal!  Discounts are available for non-overnight (commuter)
attendees.  See the registration page for details.  Remember, we'll work
with you with regard to any special payment arrangements.  We accept PO's,
checks, and credit cards.  We want you to join us at FOSSED this year!

[
http://writer.zoho.com/public/dtrask/FOSSED-2008-Registration-Gould-Academyhttp://writer.zoho.com/public/dtrask/FOSSED-2008-Registration-Gould-Academy
]Click here to register for Gould Academy
(http://writer.zoho.com/public/dtrask/FOSSED-2008-Registration-Gould-Academy)

[
http://writer.zoho.com/public/dtrask/FOSSED-2008-Registration-Governors-Academyhttp://writer.zoho.com/public/dtrask/FOSSED-2008-Registration-Governors-Academy
]Click here to register for Governor's Academy!
(http://writer.zoho.com/public/dtrask/FOSSED-2008-Registration-Governors-Academy)

What makes FOSSED different from any other tech conference?

Many education technology conferences last only one or two days and are
generally "day conferences".  FOSSED is different.  We offer 3 days of
"immersion" and hands on education.  You get a chance to experience what
you're learning.  Learning about Moodle?  We set up and create Moodle
accounts that you can use long after the conference.  You get to learn at
the conference and continue learning long after you've left.  Learning how
to build a server?  Great!  We encourage you to bring it to FOSSED and
we'll help you leave with a fully configured server.  Probably the best
part about FOSSED is what goes on outside of the sessions.  Since we
basically eat together, attend class together, and relax together you
really get a chance to get involved in discussions that often foster ideas
that you can use later in your own school or classroom.  Personally?  I've
learned more from talking with my colleagues at FOSSED and bouncing some
of my ideas off them....then I've learned in any other technology
conference.  Hands on, time to try things out, camaraderie, and a chance
to talk with others are just some of the things that make FOSSED a unique
experience.

Visit our new site here http://fossed.blogspot.com  (be sure to check out
the FAQ's for more answers to your questions)

View the FOSSED 2008 flyer here:

http://publishing.yudu.com/Freedom/A8sg0/FOSSED2008Flyer/

PDF version is here:

http://fossed2008.googlepages.com/fossed-flyer-08.pdf

contact me at  copperdoggy at gmail.com

PLEASE share this email far and wide!  This message is OPEN SOURCE!
Spread the word!  :-)

---
David Trask
FOSSED 2008