[K12OSN] Slow flash on terminal?

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 17:12:33 UTC 2008

>  It sucks, Dave, but I happen to agree with you.

Yes. The sad truth is for the lower grades (at this elementary school
anyway) the computer is mainly a platform for Flash, so....not much of
an option there.

> Oh, and now Adobe's -- get this -- pushing for new Digital Restrictions
> Management (DRM) in Flash!

That's horrible. But the upside is maybe if they ruin it, it will
motivate people to develop a free alternative, not something that will
always strive to, but never attain compatibility due to the nature of
closed source.  Won't the Gnash people just always be in a state of
catch up, trying to accommodate the new features that Adobe
implements?

Peter