[K12OSN] logging in as root

Jeremy Schubert jschubert at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 22 23:34:54 UTC 2008

Ok, I`ve got a headless server going now.  I used a Red Hat FAQ to change
the root password.  I log on with my user account and then choose add/remove
software from the applications menu.  I get a prompt asking for my root
password.  I'm assuming that it's taking it.  Cause when I enter the wrong
passwd, I get an error message.  But when I enter the correct passwd,
nothing pops up on the screen after (since I did select add/remove
software).  And I tried to log on as root from the main prompt, but the
system doesn't like that.  I did find some instructions for configuring the
server at http://k12ltsp.org/server.html.  But there must be some better
documentation out there?  Can someone help me please?
Jeremy