[K12OSN] OT: Screen capture software

Ryan Collins mr.rcollins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:55:14 UTC 2008

David Hopkins wrote:
> A teacher has asked what to use to get a high resolution screen
> capture. Her point of comparison is some utility that she has on her
> Mac but since I have never used a Mac, I have no idea what it is. She
> is using StarOffice/OpenOffice as part of a technology project and
> wants to show screenshots (in detail) of the menus/etc. The
> PrintScreen approach is not of sufficient resolution for her needs
> since if she 'blows up' the screen capture, it blurs into being
> useless.

Install X11.app on her Mac and then start up an X connection (X -query
ltsp.server.com) to your LTSP server. She can then use her Mac and the
software she's familiar with. This also allows her to do screen shots of
logging in and what not.

--
Ryan Collins - Technology Coordinator - http://www.kentoncityschools.org/
http://ryancollins.org/wp/