[K12OSN] configure instructions

Marc Fromm Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu
Tue Apr 29 23:46:45 UTC 2008

I tried to use these instructions to configure ltsp
http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/docs/ltsp-4.1-en.html#AEN21

It appears significant details are missing on how to configure all the
files. I followed the 11 steps in the ltspcfg console and configured
these files as directed:
/etc/dhcpd.conf
/etc/hosts
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf

But I could not get a client machine to boot off the server.
The same client machine can boot from a different ltsp server that was
configured by someone else, who I cannot call on for assistance. Thus
the errors reside in my configurations.

I looked at the tuXlab doc from the link at K12ltsp.org site, and even
though there is a section called Server Configuration there is no
detailed or any detail on how to actually configure the ltsp server.

Is there a more straight forward detailed configuration guide for
configuring ltsp?

Marc