[K12OSN] Fedora 9 Live LTSP Server, Beta 1

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Aug 10 20:24:27 UTC 2008

Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:
> it is etherboot. (rtl8139 + etherboot chip i got from disklessworkstation)
>
> what can i do to help in this ?

Any idea what version of Etherboot?  What is its vendor-class-identifier?

I just committed the attached to ltsp-trunk.  This should work on
anything reporting itself as "Etherboot-5.4" in the DHCP request.  If
your Etherboot is older though, it becomes a bit difficult to handle
automatically.  This is because older Etherboot reported itself as
"Etherboot", where some versions supported only NBI while others were
capable of ELF.

I tried mknbi-linux just now and the resulting NBI seems to just fail.
I cannot prioritize looking further at NBI given how old it is.  If
somebody else figures out a way to improve this situation for older
Etherboot I'm willing to review patches.

Anyhow, give this a try.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com