[K12OSN] Sky high load average with FF and CentOS?

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 19:36:33 UTC 2008

if you are using KDE you can try KIOSK ADMIN TOOL
for assigning "desktop settings" profiles for groups and users.

i tested firefox 3 and it is almos 3 times faster then v2 and takes less
memory
try the http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2090 (sunspider test) to see.
also, a little old but nice to know:
http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html

and btw !
fedora core 6 + ltsp 4.2 is faster then all the other distributions (centos
, fc9 + ltsp5 , ubuntu )
do not know why. i did not dive into it. it just is. maybe one day i will
have the time to figure it out.