[K12OSN] Linux "Software RAID"

Andrew @ ATM Logic atmlogic at kmts.ca
Fri Aug 8 03:31:15 UTC 2008

You can take the advice of whoever you want... However I have posted to this
list at least 3 to 4 time after FAILED software raid 5.........  It puts you
in an ugly spot, with little to no support.. Many will tell you to stick
with a mirror if going software... Its simple, and it works, and hard to get
hosed.

I have been lucky and recovered from a few software raid 5 failures.  SIMPLY
PUT.... NEVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN.... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.  Buy bigger
disks, and a mirror.  SIMPLE.

Failing that get some cash and go full hardware.

Just my 43 Cents...

---Andrew