[K12OSN] Fedora 9 Live LTSP Server, Beta 1

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Aug 10 14:51:47 UTC 2008

Mel Wade wrote:
> <snip>
> https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/
> http://ltsp.org/
> http://k12linux.org/
> http://k12ltsp.org/
> I feel kind of overwhelmed by the large amount of stuff that needs to
> get done.  One important way that people could be very helpful without
> software development would be to help clean up the confusing mess about
> LTSP scattered across these various sites.  We need a coherent story,
> with redundancy moved, obsolete information either removed or marked as
> such.  In some places information is plain incorrect.  I do not have the
> time to do development and to fix information on scattered sites that I
> myself do not control.
> </snip>
>
> Why not choose the most accurate site and merge everything into it and
> then point all the domains to the same site.  Even the fedorahosted
> could be redirected.

I don't control all the sites.

ltsp.org is the upstream site that is supposed to contain only general
information about the organization, then to point to the individual
distro pages (Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, K12Linux, etc.)

k12linux.org currently has little to do with any of these sites.  I hope
we can use this domain as the easy to find homepage for the
Fedora/EL-based LTSP5.

Then we can phase out k12ltsp.org, and the fedorahosted.org site will be
all redirects to k12linux.org.

Aside from the redirects, what I need more help doing is to organize the
information and point out where content does not match our overall plan.
  I can't follow all of this myself and still make any progress on
development.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com