Re: [K12OSN] 5.0 EL repos dead/outdated?

Vi -

RPM repositories can be ftp or http (for the most part). If you have a look at /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo you will see files that control the various repositories available to you. If the file has 'enabled=1', it is considered. The actual location of the repository is found in the 'baseurl= ...' line. That is a direct pointer to a repository. Larger repos often have mirrors, which are controlled by a mirror list. This shows up in the *.repo on the 'mirrorlist= ...' line.

good luck
-tim

Vi Thai wrote:

Hello.  I tried this suggestion but it still cannot update.  The error
I am getting is:
Error: failure: 5.2/libgcj-4.1.2-42.el5.i386.rpm from k12ltsp: [Errno
256] No more mirrors to try.
Someone had suggested a firewall issue and that may be my problem.
Does anyone know which port yum uses to update?  Thanks,

Vi