Re: [K12OSN] 5.0 EL repos dead/outdated?

Does your school use a proxy server to get to the internet? You may have to tell yum to use the proxy server:

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/linux_system_administration/managing_software_with_yum_guide/sn-yum-proxy-server.html

-Rob

Vi Thai wrote:
Thanks, Tim.  Each of my .repo files have "enabled=1".  Just to see if
it would update from another site I brought my server home.  It's
currently downloading the updates.  I did nothing different with the
update process, just opened up the terminal and typed in "yum update"
and started downloading the headers and is installing without a hitch.
 The only difference is the site.  I was at school with it gave me an
error that there were no mirrors to try and at home it's downloading
the updates just fine.  Our school connects to a school and library
network that has a firewall.  If anyone knows which firewall port
should be turned off so that I can call and have them temporarily
allow the port to be opened, I won't have to drag the other three
k12ltsp servers home! :)

Thanks.

Vi