Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP RHEL 5 64 Bit Install Errors

I downloaded & installed the 64Bit CD's the other day without issue. Used Nero to burn the iso's.

Brian

James P. Kinney III wrote:
On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 23:00 -0400, Moon wrote:
Hello, I downloaded both the K12LTSP 5EL 64bit CDs and 64bit DVD.
First, the K12LTSP 5EL 64bit DVD will not burn using CentOS 5.2 or
using MagicISO or Nero on WinXP platform. The file is simply too
large. I then tried installing using the 8 K12LTSP 5EL 64bit CDs on an
ABIT AV8 AMD Athlon 64 3700+ based school server. The installation
terminates after running through disk 8 with no discernable error
message other than there was an error and gives me a reboot button.

You must use a double-layer DVD for the burn for the 64-bit image. Then
it works OK. The 64-bit OS has many more libs than the 32 as it must
also support 32-bit applications. Thus the larger size. By the time the
LTSP and school applications are added, it simply won't fit on a single
layer DVD. Try installing from the network install process. Burn a CD of
the image.iso file from the images directory and make the loop-back
mounted DVD image available through a NFS or HTTP share process.
Make sure when using any home burned CD/DVD that the image files have
their MD5/SHA1 checksum verified and then the first time they are used
it is best to do the disk check process on each disk to verify the burn
was accurate.
I have used this same hardware platform to run 64bit CentOS 5.2
workstation and server previously. I then installed K12LTSP 5EL 32bit
using the DVD with success.
Can you advise if there will be an updated K12LTSP 5EL 64bit CDs and
64bit DVD to correct these issues?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Charlie