[K12OSN] K12LTSP RHEL 5 64 Bit Install Errors

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Aug 19 20:56:51 UTC 2008

Well, you've got to remember that this list is specifically focused on
Free Software in K-12 environments, unlike the Ubuntu list which is more
general and tends to focus more on home users.  Not a slam on them, just
a different focus.  For historical reasons, we're mostly K12LTSP, yes,
since K12LTSP was all there was at first.  But we've also been known to
answer Edubuntu and even SkoleLinux questions, since some of us run
those as well.

Here's some documentation, with screenshots, on how to do NFS installs
with RHEL/CentOS (Google was my friend, hint hint).  Though these
instructions are for RHEL/CentOS 4.x, they work equally well with any
other version of RHEL/CentOS and Fedora (and thus, K12LTSP).

  http://bashcurescancer.com/centos_rhel_nfs_install_text.html

The FTP install is very similar, except that you use an FTP daemon on
the "source" server instead of the NFS daemon.

--TP