[K12OSN] 5.0 EL repos dead/outdated?

Ryan Collins mr.rcollins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:06:40 UTC 2008

Vi Thai wrote:
> Hello.  I tried this suggestion but it still cannot update.  The error
> I am getting is:
> Error: failure: 5.2/libgcj-4.1.2-42.el5.i386.rpm from k12ltsp: [Errno
> 256] No more mirrors to try.
> Someone had suggested a firewall issue and that may be my problem.
> Does anyone know which port yum uses to update?  Thanks,

I use the Untangle software for our router/firewall and was having the
exact same issue. The Virus scan was messing up yum, after turning it
off I was able to update without issues. Check your firewall and see if
it is scanning all files for downloads, and see if you can either exempt
your machine or turn off the virus scan while you update.

--
Ryan Collins - Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools

Blog: http://ryancollins.org/wp/