[K12OSN] RE: Fedora 9 Live LTSP Server, Beta 1

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 23:20:31 UTC 2008

2008/8/21 Henry Hartley <henryhartley at westat.com>:
> I have an eBox 2300 that I bought for testing.  It has the advantage over recycled computers of being very small, having no fan, and of being new equipment.  At $106 each, it has an advantage over purchased thin clients of being nearly half the price or less of its competitors.  It would be great if it worked and worked well.  If it doesn't, it doesn't and I won't buy any more but I think it's a shame.  I guess I'll go with recycled Pentium-IIs and IIIs instead.  They are certainly easy to come by.
>
> --

The next gen EBox/Micro Client Sr.
http://www.norhtec.com/products/mcsr/index.html have enough processing
power within same form factor but pricing goes for a toss. I have one
unit as trial and found additional support of USB2 useful for local
scanner etc.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.