Re: [K12OSN] Sky high load average with FF and CentOS?

David Hopkins wrote:

Reports from the Tech Dir said the system had also hung when teachers
looked at pdf files. So, I launched acroread for 8 accounts.  The load
average immediately jumped sky high, and the acroread processes
continuously consumed 70% plus of the cpu each.  %idle went to 0, and
stayed there.  Not sure about exactly what this means except it is
very repeatable. Using acroread (or the nppdf.so plugin) causes
issues.  I looked around to try and locate xpdf in a yum repository to
use instead, but didn't find it.  I'll try and install from downloaded
rpm's instead.

I'd try evince instead of acroread or xpdf.

Nils Breunese.