[K12OSN] Intel Atom thin clients?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Aug 24 05:12:25 UTC 2008

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121342
>
> so they are charging $70 for the case and power supply. Not bad. I
> especially like the external brick PS since it's silent. I just wonder
> if the rtl8111c nic is supported yet?
>
> If anyone buys this please report back to the list as I think many
> would be interested.

http://wtogami.livejournal.com/27915.html
I wrote some notes here about three different Intel Atom based clients
that I've seen out there based upon analysis of their specifications.

NOTE: Although it is not mentioned in the specs, this MSI Wind machine
seems to have a fan.  26 dba sound (very quiet but not silent) is
mentioned which is likely a fan.  Fan has the drawback of being a moving
part that has the potential to break.  My notes talk about a
competitor's thin client that explicitly has no fan.  The entire case
sounds to be a heatsink, which is a good thing.

I really wish we could find something like the TranquilPC T7 Thin Client
sold in America.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com