[K12OSN] Intel Atom thin clients?

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 07:35:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:

> http://wtogami.livejournal.com/27915.html
> I wrote some notes here about three different Intel Atom based clients that
> I've seen out there based upon analysis of their specifications.

Nice write up Warren.

> NOTE: Although it is not mentioned in the specs, this MSI Wind machine seems
> to have a fan.  26 dba sound (very quiet but not silent) is mentioned which
> is likely a fan.  Fan has the drawback of being a moving part that has the
> potential to break.  My notes talk about a competitor's thin client that
> explicitly has no fan.  The entire case sounds to be a heatsink, which is a
> good thing.

I think you might be able to get away with disabling the fan on the
MSI box. But you can also purchase the MB and case separately

here are a couple of possible cases
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154089
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154090

--