Re: [K12OSN] Sky high load average with FF and CentOS?

Christian Einfeldt wrote:

"No, a reboot won't fix it. It's probably the local web server that's
serving up the automatic proxy config, the proxy server or the DNS
server. One or more of them are getting overwhelmed by 31 simultaneous
connection attempts.

"We can bump the number of threads on the proxy server so that it can
handle more concurrent requests. We can set the Firefox proxy settings
in the local config files so that Firefox doesn't need to hit the web
server when they start. And we can install local DNS caches on each
machine so that the DNS server load is lightened a bit."

Maybe this will help someone else here?

None of that sounds likely to be a bottleneck to me. 31 is not a large number for typical DNS/web/proxy servers to handle concurrently. If these aren't thin LTSP clients, does each have its own local copy of the executable? If not, is it being loaded via NFS over a link they all share?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com