[K12OSN] K12Linux branding ideas

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:42:43 UTC 2008

Warren Togami wrote:

>> Is this domain going to be capable of and willing to host something
>> with push-button icons to install flash, realplayer, java, etc.?
>>

> I don't know.  That would require:
>
> 1) More than just me working on stuff.  I can't be solely responsible
> for fixing bugs and also working on content.
>
> 2) Need to get it cleared by legal.  It is possible though.

I'm just raising the question because it was very nice to have those
features in the k12ltsp spins and if they can't be included it might
make more sense to just have some kind of meta-package for yum to
install on top of a base fedora/centos because there will be some extra
setup anyway.  Some of the packages in that 'install additional
software' folder are pulled from 3rd party repositories, some are hosted
or mirrored on the k12ltsp site.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com