[K12OSN] firefox segfaults on centos5

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:53:55 UTC 2008

Hello Peter,

Yes, I did.

Nice script!  - over my head but I waded through this with my home setup
that I use to test before even doing updates at school.  A new version of
firefox did it to me a month or two ago at home...

I'm running a 32 bit version of Firefox out of /opt on my 64 bit systems now
with all of the plugins working...  Everything was fine until the update
that included a newer Firefox.  I knew I shouldn't have let into the
update.  Just too tired to think!

Today I've got the same problem on one of my three production servers.  I
let Firefox update and now all of my plugins are trashed in K12LTSP...  This
is in another thread.

I wonder if the EL5 that Eric massaged for all of us in 64 bit is now
polluted by soem repo mistake??

Thanks,

Jim