[K12OSN] firefox segfaults on centos5

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 20:10:05 UTC 2008

> Did the script that is mentioned in the postings here fix your FF/flash
> problem? I

Yes is did.   But I'm sure I'll need to run it again.  But to be
honest I'm not _exactly_ sure what it's doing  (Buyer beware Jim, but
I hope it helps if you run it. ).     I forgot to mention that until I
ran the script it didn't matter which version of flash I ran.

> Also I believe I understand you right that this ONLY happens when
> logging into an gmail account,and no other flash sights?

I can't really say. Now that I ran the script it doesn't happen, I'll
have to wait until it happens again to answer.

> One thing that puzzles me is why when you do the ' about:plugins' in FF
> you are not seeing a listed flash plugin available.

Not sure where you're coming from, did you look at my pdf?  It's this
first one listed.

Shockwave Flash
   File name: libflashplayer.so
   Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12

> your /usr/lib/FF3.0.4/plugins

This doesn't exist.   I know you are abbreviating.   There is not a
plugins directory but there is a searchplugins  but this has xml files
and not actual plugins.  Granted, I am still on 3.0.1 so I'll update
now.   /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so is a symlink to
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so.

Thanks,
Peter