[K12OSN] Testing Needed: ltsp-5.1.38 and ldm-2.0.23
warren at togami.com
Fri Dec 12 21:31:31 UTC 2008
Please test the latest versions of these packages. It should maintain
all previous features for existing users, but it adds a few exciting new
features and capabilities like:
* Oops, yesterday's ldm-2.0.22 broke LDM_DIRECTX=true which is the
default config for Fedora. This has been fixed.
* LOCAL_APPS_WHITELIST now makes it possible to limit commands you can
run as a local app. Almost nobody needs this option, but it is at least
* It is now possible to set a non-GNOME default desktop session for all
new users. lts.conf now contains
LDM_GLOBAL_DMRC=/etc/ltsp/ldm-global-dmrc, or you must add it manually
if you have upgraded from a previous version. You can edit that file to
specify a particular non-GNOME desktop session or language. A few
examples are included commented out.
* If the user selects a desktop session or language, it now asks if they
want to save that choice for future logins. It is saved to ~/.dmrc in
the user's home directory. Delete that file if you want the user to
fall back to the LDM_GLOBAL_DMRC defaults.
* All of the X_* lts.conf options should now be supported now, although
this functionality is less proven at the moment.
Please report back if you have tried these updated packages. I want to
hear a few "IT WORKS" reports on both F-9 and F-10 before pushing to
ldm installs into client
ltsp-client installs into client
ldminfod installs into server
ltsp-server installs into server
wtogami at redhat.com
More information about the K12OSN