[K12OSN] way to test web connectivity

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 18:49:11 UTC 2008

We're having a district-wide problem where connections are randomly
dropped over http. As we're connecting to a site, it says the site
can't be reached and you have to try again until it goes through. I've
mentioned it to the people in charge, but they haven't really
acknowledged the problem.

It seems to be that it's only an issue with web connections, like
they're running a cache server that can't handle the load or
something.

Is there any way to run a test of connections through http, much like
ping does, that would produce a list of how many connections made it
to the website and how many got dropped so I could present them with a
printout that says only 60% (or whatever) of the websites we try to go
to actually make it?

Todd