[K12OSN] Authenticating Moodle to an OS X server (10.5)

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Mon Dec 29 22:47:09 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I need some help.  I'm setting up a Moodle server for a school that uses
OS X server (Leopard) for authentication (aka Open Directory/LDAP).  I'd
like to authenticate the new Moodle server against it rather than do
manual accounts.  The LDAP settings are proving to be tricky in this case.
 I was wondering if any of you have or are doing this...and if so...can
you send me a sample screenshot of your Moodle LDAP authentication page or
a list of what works for you?  I'm sure I'm missing something silly, but I
spinning my wheels here.   Anyone?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School