[K12OSN] RE: SMBLDAP - Requiring and facilitating password

Nick,

Thanks for this option. I still haven't had a chance to implement anything, so I might go this direction (seems simplest).

ck

Here's my script:
-------------------------------------------------- chpass.sh
#!/bin/bash
echo "Instructions:"
echo ""
echo "You will need to type your old password once, then you new password
twice."
echo "Nothing will show up on the screen when you are typing, just press
enter "
echo "after each password. Your password must be at least 6 characters long"
echo ""
echo "If everything worked, then you will get this message after typing all
of"
echo "your passwords: Password changed for user ... "
echo ""
/usr/bin/smbpasswd -r 192.168.10.110
read -p "Press any key exit"

Command to run:
xterm -e "sh /usr/local/scripts/chpass.sh"

IceWM menu command:
prog "Change My Password"
/usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/16x16/actions/edit_user.png xterm -e "sh
/usr/local/scripts/chpass.sh"