[K12OSN] Sound module for ebox 2500

Gert Vandenreyt gert.vandenreyt at openict.be
Thu Dec 4 09:33:07 UTC 2008

Barry R Cisna schreef:
> Gert,
>
> I sent you an email with a couple "test" sound modules to try on your
> Ebox 2500. It never bounced back but I did not get any response back
> from You? I wasn't sure if your email addy had an .dot or an _
> underscore in it ( in between first/last name).?
> Let me know
>
> Thanks,
> Barry Cisna

Hi Barry,

I'm sorry to tell you the modules you emailed me do not work.

These are the error messages:

Running sound server
Fatal: module snd_hda_intel_via not found
snd_hda_codec disagrees about version of symbol struct_mode
Error inserting snd_hda_codec: Invalid module format
accepting connections on port 16001
then a bunch of ALSA lib conf errors

I don't know why the snd_hda_intel_via module is not found, I put them
in /opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules/***-ltsp-1/kernel/sound/pci and also in
/opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules/***-ltsp-1/kernel/sound/pci/hda. I also chmod
755 them just to make sure.

I guess the guy you mensioned was Theo?? Actually we work together quite
a lot, his school is running 99% ltsp.  We are now expanding some extra
classes with the ebox2500.
I didn't find any pictures though!

Gert.