Re: [K12OSN] OT: Google Apps

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:45 PM, R. Scott Belford <scott hosef org> wrote:
> You might want to run the browsers in HTML mode.  This will speed up
> the experience in a thin-client lab.

I'll have to try this.  We just hit a load average of 52 with 30
students logged in and running FF2 and Google Apps.  I have no idea
why the load average has spiked.  Last year was fine, this year with
CentOS and the latest flash, it spikes (I have a separate submission
for this from earlier in the year).  FF3 is even worse based on
experience here at NCS.  There isn't any swap being used at all, but
system is pegged.