Re: [K12OSN] alpha-numeric sorting in nautilus

Rob Owens wrote:
I'm trying to use Nautilus to find drawings by their filename in a large
directory.  For some reason they don't come out in proper order.  For
instance, this is how Nautilus sorts these files by name:

002-009-001--revH.pdf
03950T2-S749--revG.pdf
006037S.pdf

(note that these are all zeros, and not "oh's")

I've tried a few file managers (both Linux and Windows) and they all
sort the files in this order.  Konqueror is the only exception.  It
sorts properly -- the same way that 'ls' sorts.

I'd like for my users to be able to use Nautilus.  Is there a way to
correct it's screwed-up alphabetizing?

-Rob

More info:

--TP