Re: [K12OSN] OT: Google Apps

 Another issue I have seen with usb drives is when students don't properly eject/umount they tend to not mount on linux.   I have only seen this going from Windows to Linux  with a usb drive.  Also usb drives can easily go missing or be a security risk.   I would be interested to know if any schools are not allowing usb drives.

-Garrett

--
Garrett Novotny
Technician - Technology Services

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Google apps have less than half the capabilities of OpenOffice but are
> accessible from (nearly) any Internet accessing computer. The
> performance issues you see are bandwidth for the classroom, not system
> resource problems.

Seems to me that people like Google apps for the convenience of
accessing their data anywhere.  Why not just give each student and
teacher a $5 usb key and have them work on their local machine (be it at
home or at school)?

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.