[K12OSN] Power School????

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue Dec 9 14:13:33 UTC 2008

Peter Scheie wrote
>> M Rathburn wrote:
>>
>> > Since there's no out of pocket expenses for K12Linux, just
>> > install it somewhere on your network, configure VNC on it, and
>> > download many of the free VNC viewers out there.  Let them play
>> > to their heart's content.
>>
>> There is also a K12LTSP LiveCD at
>> ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/live-cd-demo
>> It's actually Edubuntu (which it says as it boots) but the desktop
>> and menus have been modified to match K12LTSP.  Good for letting
>> teachers explore what K12LTSP offers.

While it's not a CD, you can also use LiveUSB, which works quite well. Get the Fedora Live USB Creator here. There are both Linux and Windows versions.

https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/

and install the K12Linux Fedora 9 Release Candidate (it's stable enough for this sort of thing, I'd think) and install it on a USB stick.

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/

--
Henry