Re: [K12OSN] Power School????

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Accessys smart net <accessys smart net>wrote:

> I've finally got our school to consider K12ltsp but they want "power
> school" or an equivilant.  also there is a desire for a live CD.
>
> we're a parochial high school in Baltimore MD.

I am a volunteer supporting a public middle school in San Francisco that
uses Power School.  I am told by one of the teachers who is sympathetic to
FOSS that he has been told that Power School is in the process of making PS
browseable.  At that point, the problem will go away.

Unless this is the wrong power school:

http://www.powerschool.com/product/

The problem is already gone their introductory statement as posted below indicates that the system is already browseable.

"PowerSchool is a fully integrated, web-based, cross-platform student information system used by thousands of school districts. Fast to implement, reliable, and affordable."

Steve Hampton
Currently Looking......
--
Open Source, The Right Thing To Do!