Re: [K12OSN] Power School????

We just adopted PowerSchool(their hosted solution..== less nightmare for me)...and it's quite nice other than the 'java applet' for the gradebook/attendance...

You host it yourself and they only support Mac and Windows server installs though...at least a year ago that was the case.

You can use any browser but certain 'advanced' features are only accessible using IE.

--Huck

Steve Hampton wrote:

    On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Accessys smart net
    <mailto:Accessys smart net> <accessys smart net
    <mailto:accessys smart net>>wrote:

     > I've finally got our school to consider K12ltsp but they want "power
     > school" or an equivilant.  also there is a desire for a live CD.
     >
     > we're a parochial high school in Baltimore MD.

    I am a volunteer supporting a public middle school in San Francisco that
    uses Power School.  I am told by one of the teachers who is
    sympathetic to
    FOSS that he has been told that Power School is in the process of
    making PS
    browseable.  At that point, the problem will go away.

Unless this is the wrong power school:

http://www.powerschool.com/product/

The problem is already gone their introductory statement as posted below indicates that the system is already browseable.

"PowerSchool is a fully integrated, web-based, cross-platform student information system used by thousands of school districts. Fast to implement, reliable, and affordable*."

*Steve Hampton
Currently Looking......
--
Open Source, The Right Thing To Do!