Re: [K12OSN] Java Plugin

The 64bit openJDK plugin works. There a reason you need to use the official Sun JVM?

Nils Breunese wrote:
Jim Christiansen wrote:

Dumb question:

I've got a student that is doing a distance ed course using First Class...

I have run the Install Java from the additional programs folder in root. (K12ltspel5 64 bit) and then run close and run Firefox.

about:plugins comes up with no plugins

I've checked to see if /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins has the sim link to the java plugin and it does.

What do I do next?

There currently does not exist a 64-bit version of Sun's Java plugin. I don't know if nspluginwrapper supports running the 32-bit plugin in a 64-bit browser, but you could look into that. Otherwise you'll need to install a 32-bit browser.

Nils Breunese.