Re: [K12OSN] Java Plugin

You could be right. I quit using k12ltsp when Eric quit making it. I went through a year of edubuntu before switching to Warren's k12linux based on fedora9.

Right now I'm running 64bit firefox with the 64bit openJDK plugin and 64 bit flash 10 beta. No nspluginwrapper or 32bit binaries necessary.

Luis

Jim Christiansen wrote:
I thought that Eric had setup the install for K12LTSP 64 bit versions so that the 32 bit Firefox was the one installed. This was to accomodate not only Java but Flash ...

I left flash out but finally need Java. I have run Flash before on my thin clients being driven with 64 bit K12LTSP OS with no probs.

The 64bit openJDK plugin works. There a reason you need to use the official Sun JVM?

Nils Breunese wrote:
    Jim Christiansen wrote:

        Dumb question:

        I've got a student that is doing a distance ed course using
        First Class... I have run the Install Java from the additional
        programs folder in root. (K12ltspel5 64 bit) and then run
        close and run Firefox.

        about:plugins comes up with no plugins

        I've checked to see if /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins has the sim
        link to the java plugin and it does.

        What do I do next?
    There currently does not exist a 64-bit version of Sun's Java
    plugin. I don't know if nspluginwrapper supports running the
    32-bit plugin in a 64-bit browser, but you could look into that.
    Otherwise you'll need to install a 32-bit browser.

    Nils Breunese.

    For more info see <http://www.k12os.org <http://www.k12os.org/>>