Re: [K12OSN] firefox segfaults on centos5

Hello Peter,

Yes, I did.

Nice script!  - over my head but I waded through this with my home setup that I use to test before even doing updates at school.  A new version of firefox did it to me a month or two ago at home...

I'm running a 32 bit version of Firefox out of /opt on my 64 bit systems now with all of the plugins working...  Everything was fine until the update that included a newer Firefox.  I knew I shouldn't have let into the update.  Just too tired to think!

Today I've got the same problem on one of my three production servers.  I let Firefox update and now all of my plugins are trashed in K12LTSP...  This is in another thread.

I wonder if the EL5 that Eric massaged for all of us in 64 bit is now polluted by soem repo mistake??

Thanks,

Jim

This is a problem that happens when a new profile is created and the
latest flash-plugin (installed from repo). The crash happens after
logging into a Gmail account.

(Gecko:819): Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 28 (No space left on device)
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 819 Segmentation
fault "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

Apparently the Flash plugin doesn't release the shared memory that it
allocates.

After I run this script the problem goes away. Is anyone else
experiencing this?

#!/bin/bash
ID=$(ipcs -m | awk '{print $2}')

for id in $ID