[K12OSN] firefox segfaults on centos5

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Thu Dec 11 21:01:20 UTC 2008

Peter Hartmann wrote:

>> your /usr/lib/FF3.0.4/plugins
>
> This doesn't exist.   I know you are abbreviating.   There is not a
> plugins directory but there is a searchplugins  but this has xml files
> and not actual plugins.  Granted, I am still on 3.0.1 so I'll update
> now.

The Flash plugin page mention problems with Firefox versions prior to
3.0.2: http://macromedia.mplug.org/

----
A bug in firefox/xulrunner causes the browser to crash (even with
nspluginwrapper) with "windowless" WMODE plugins like Flash Player
10.  This was fixed in firefox-3.0.2.  You really should upgrade
firefox anyway because it contains security fixes.
----

Nils Breunese.