Re: [K12OSN] LTSP and LDAP auth probs

Bob Mead wrote:
Hello all:

Ok, now that I've got my TC booting (thanks again to Barry and
Almquist), I've gotten /home dirs nfs mounted from a remote server and I
used authconfig to setup LDAP authentication from our LDAP server using
the following command:

authconfig --enableldap --enablemd5 --update

I have edited /etc/ldap.conf to enter the distinguished name of the
search base as follows:
base dc=slane,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us

And the 'Your LDAP server' section has this entry:
host ldap.slane.k12.or.us

I also added the following lines copied from our current ltsp server's
/etc/ldap.conf file:
ssl no
tls_cacertdir /etc/openldap/cacerts
pam_password md5
uri ldap://oak/ (this line was generated by authconfig using the
'--ldapserver=oak' option on a previous run through)

These are the only uncommented lines in ldap.conf.

The TC gets to a login screen and then will not let me authenticate
(Authentication Failed). Is there anyplace on the LDAP server that I can
monitor authentication requests to see where its failing? I tried
tailing /var/log/messages with no luck. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks,
    ~bob