[K12OSN] LTSP server with 3 NICs? SOME SUCCESS!

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Thu Dec 25 00:30:19 UTC 2008

2008/12/24 "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman at cmosnetworks.com>:
> Patrick Fleming wrote:
>
> Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
>
> One other thing:  shoot me the output (as root) of "iptables -L".  For
> some reason, 192.168.3.x is not getting to the TFTP server.
>

> What about hosts.allow? Mine has the entry:
> in.tftpd 192.168.1.
> If that's set you should be adding to it according to my read of the
> hosts.allow man page. eg.
> in.tftpd: 192.168.1., 192.168.3.
>

> Good catch.  That should be checked as well.

My apologies.  I dropped out of this thread until today.  As I
mentioned in my first posting on this, I had to edit hosts.allow in
order for my tri-nic setup to work when I've done it in the past.  At
least I thought so.  I just did a quick google, and when we solved
this on the list in 2005

https://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2005-August/msg00871.html

I apparently took only the following 5 steps.  Not included is editing
hosts.allow.  If you have done the 5 steps below, and it is not
working, then I'm going to set one up this afternoon and document it
better.

"In summary, should one want to have two NICS serve thin clients,

1. Edit settings for eth1
2. Edit dhcpd.conf to include eth1 IP settings
3. Edit /etc/exports to share on the eth1 subnet
4. Edit firewall settings to make eth1 a trusted device
5. Edit /etc/hosts to include settings for the eth1 subnet"

> --TP

--scott