Re: [K12OSN] LTSP server with 3 NICs? SOME SUCCESS!

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Joseph Bishay <joseph bishay gmail com> wrote:
> 4) etc/hosts.allow
>
> bootpd:    0.0.0.0
> in.tftpd:  192.168.
> portmap:   192.168.

This is fine.  Any variances of 192.168.xxx.xxx that you are using
will be accepted.

> Finally,
> 5) Scott - firewall.
>
> This I don't know much about.  You say edit to allow the NIC as a
> trusted device.  Is this different from the iptables rules?

This is the one that got me.  From a terminal, as root or with sudo,
run system-config- securitylevel.  Here you can choose your 'trusted
interfaces'  You want your two LAN NICS to be trusted.  So, if eth0
and eth1 are the nics with your LAN IP settings, then make them the
trusted interfaces.

You've gotten some great help so far and, without looking in detail, I
believe that everything else is okay.  Let's try the firewall stuff
and then dig deeper if needed.

> Thank you.
> Joseph

--scott