[K12OSN] Mass remote login to computer lab systems

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 17:10:14 UTC 2008

2008/2/2 "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman at cmosnetworks.com>:

>  Here's another:  I know a high school kid whose English teacher was getting
> all upset and bent out of shape because "THE COMPUTER'S NOT WORKING!"  She
> was all set to take this up the chain of command.  Well, without saying a
> word, this kid walked up to the computer, pressed the button marked "POWER",
> and the computer magically started working.  Did she thank him?  Nope.  On
> the contrary, she gave him what he described to me as a most baleful, nearly
> hateful, look.  Right then, he lost all respect for her, and I don't blame
> him.

Doesn't have to be a teacher. A guy I used to work with insisted on
setting up a new system. After a couple of hours, he started ranting
about how it was broken, DOA. So, he logged a support call (and we
carry 4 hour on-site for all systems). The tech drives up from the
support office (hour drive), walks over to the system, looks behind
it, plugs in the keyboard, logs in and leaves.  System fixed.  The guy
that logged the call was not happy about being 'shown up' and always
insisted that the keyboard must have been defective.

Dave Hopkins