[K12OSN] New SmartBoard and Edubuntu...I'm truly impressed!

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Fri Feb 8 02:59:36 UTC 2008

SmartTechnologies I can't say enough good stuff about...
they don't just sell you an "interactive whiteboard" and say
thanks...now pay us up the wazoooo for software and all these trinkets...
they GIVE you the software and I would argue it is INFINITELY(not an
overstatement at all) better than ANYTHING Microsoft could GIVE
AWAY(other than maybe their IP treasure trovel that they horde to stifle
innovation [/end rant])

I have MATH teachers, ENGLISH teachers, SPANISH teachers, HEALTH & P.E.
teachers and COACHES excited about all of the stuff they can do with the
SOFTWARE(not just the board...as the board is merely a peripheral to the
computer like a keyboard & mouse)...but the SOFTWARE really is amazing
and the #1 focus is education...

The mere fact that they support Linux(something I and likely many others
encouraged them to do since I got MY 1st Smartboard back when I taught
6yrs ago) Macs and MS platforms to the same degree and level of
excellence really tells me, yes they need to make a profit, but they
actually CARE about their users and those they are affecting with
education on a daily basis.

--Huck